Assembly Engineer (Rolling Stock)
Functie omschrijving Assembly Engineer (Rolling Stock)
CAF is the designer and manufacturer of 118 new Sprinters (Sprinter Next Generation) for the Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS). For our new international team we are looking for a hands-on Assembly Engineer to oversee the assembly process until approximately the end of 2019.
The Assembly Engineer:
- Ensures that the assembly process is in line with the policies and procedures.
- Handles costs efficiently and sees to quality and safety throughout the manufacturing process.
- Coordinates logistics in order for the technicians to couple the units / cars locally
- Manages the (temporary) technicians who are working on the trains
- Coordinates the outcome of the inspections done by the client to the team of technicians
- Performs modifications and adjustments (both electrical and technical) on the new trains and new units if needed
The Assembly Engineer reports to the Production Line Engineer in Beasain (Spain). The assembly activities are expected to be finalized towards the end of 2019. In general the work will be done during weekdays, however flexibility is asked in case of an exceptional workday during weekends. The preferred start date is as soon as possible.
Functie eisen Assembly Engineer (Rolling Stock)
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a bachelor degree in Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position in production, experience in the railway industry would be an advantage.
- Is used to coordinate temporary staff
- Is fluent in English and Dutch (verbal and written). Spanish knowledge would be an advantage.
- Is flexible and able to work under pressure
- Is result oriented
CAF is a Spanish company with approximately 8000 employees worldwide who work on about 80 projects spread out over 33 countries. CAF has recently started their operations in the Netherlands with a Dutch office in Utrecht.
What to expect:
CAF offers a competitive salary with 27 holidays and 13 roster free days per annum, based on a 40 hour work week. The initial training period will take place in Amsterdam and travel abroad will be very limited for this position. In case you may be asked to travel, an extra per diem will be provided for the days working abroad.